Tuesday, February 10, 2004

The background:
He is the second in command in the agency I work in. (Basically, he’s my boss’ boss’ boss). A week earlier, taking pity on my hardworking soul, he had offered to give me a lift home. Ordinarily a safe (read snail-slow) driver, he missed a red light that evening. The usually cop-bereft crossing had a traffic policeman, who emerged from behind a host of other cars to give him a ticket. His license got confiscated and he had to personally go to the Thana (police station) to collect it the next day.

A week after:
Me: Hey, can you please give me a lift?
He (smiling): No. No. No. You distract me.
Me: But… but…
He: No. No. No. I just cannot concentrate.
Me: But… but…
He: No. No. No. My attention wavers.
Me: But… but…
He: I have decided. I will not take you in my car.

Only when the people around us started laughing out loud did we understand the implication of our exchange.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home