Wednesday, May 25, 2005

All my life I have had a problem with my lefts and rights. So you can imagine the difficulties I endured in learning how to cross the road. Luckily, I managed to learn it mostly unscathed. (Being hit by cars a couple of times really don’t count.) I can hear you asking me how difficult can it be to learn how to cross the road. Look right, look left, look right again and then if all’s clear, cross. Trust me. It was challenging. Even now, the words ‘Right, left, right’ resound in my head every time I cross the road. Imagine my frustration when in Europe all rules of crossing the roads changed. I just could not make myself look towards the left first. Just couldn’t. It would have been disobeying all that I had been taught as a child. I am lucky I managed to get through a complete month without being run over.

Yes, one complete fabulous month in Europe. Actually 34 days. Actually if I am actually being actual, then it is 33 and half days. What more can I say? It has probably been one of the best times of my life. More posts shall follow with more details of my backpacking trip. Meanwhile let me go kiss my luck. I am alive despite getting my lefts and rights wrong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home