Friday, May 09, 2003

I have realized that I am not cut out for a nine-to-five job. I don’t mind working all night, only if I didn’t have to report at dot 9:30 a.m. Hence, my task for the day is to think of excuses that I could give when I get late.

Excuse List:

1. The alarm clock didn’t work.
2. My maid came late.
3. I was travelling in another century and my time-machine conked out.
4. I had a hang-over.
5. ‘I forgot to pay my gravitational bill’. I was stuck to the ceiling. (Courtesy: Bill Waterson)
6. I got locked out of my house in my night-clothes.
7. The clouds hid the sun. The sun wakes me up in the morning.
8. Today is go-to-office-late day.
9. I slept off under the shower.
10. I had an accident. No! You can’t see my bruises. Internal injuries!
11. I forgot the way to office.
12. I thought today was a Sunday.
13. I got hijacked by aliens.
14. I had a confidential meeting with someone. Can’t tell you about it. Will give you a clue though. President of USA!
15. I am giving an opportunity to others to look better than me. Otherwise they don’t stand a chance.
16. I was unable to colour-coordinate my clothes.
17. I am not going to insult you by giving any excuses. I wanted to get late! Fire me!!!
18. My limbs were not getting signals from my brain.
19. I got stuck in the lift.
20. My vehicle ran out of petrol.

Any more to add? Your help will be appreciated.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home