Tuesday, August 19, 2003

I drift alone in the endless ocean
Holding on to a piece of broken driftwood
The red sun seems to be drowning
As the water turns blacker with passing seconds
Evening gives way to the dark
And the sea gulls disappear into the horizon
The waves carry me away to an unknown destination
A chilling silence hurts the drums of my ears
The sea gets covered with a blanket of fog
The white of the mist and the black of the water seems colourless
How do I stop the tears that just don’t come?
How do I fight the pain that I refuse to accept?
How do I live when death’s knocking at my door?
How do I let go of life when I clutch on desperately to the driftwood?
How do I keep floating despite a heavy heart that weighs me down?
I feel myself surrendering to the arms of the ocean
And as my eyes close in tiredness and resigned acceptance
The silence is shattered by the sound of a fog horn in the distance
And the blinking light of the lighthouse welcomes me back to life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home