Wednesday, January 07, 2004

“How bad is it?” I asked him apprehensively.
He replied shaking his head, “It doesn’t look good”.
I had spent all morning waiting for him to give me time, and now I was overflowing with pent up tension. I stood next to him waiting for him to complete his examination. He worked silently, without the usual niceties or assurances that all will be right.
“Everything’s okay I hope” I asked, silently begging him to give me some form of reassurance. Something, anything! A nod. A smile. He remained impassive, quietly doing his work. I realized then what relatives of the sick endure when the doctor refuses to give a diagnosis.
He finally got up from the chair and I looked at him with bated breath.
“Well?” I asked unable to contain myself anymore.
He let himself smile then.
“It’s fine now. There was a virus but I have removed it. I have also installed an anti-virus. Your computer will be just fine.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home