Monday, April 05, 2004

I am surprised at the increasing number of live-in relationships in India. My live-in relationship happened during my post-grad years and it wasn’t something I could talk about openly. Call me a hypocrite if you will.
Like all such relationships mine happened suddenly. I didn’t even realize he had moved in till I saw him making his own comfortable hole in the corner. He was not what I had imagined the most important guy in my life would be like. He wasn’t the tall dark handsome guy every girl dreams of. And he had a moustache! I had never had a fascination for moustaches. But when it came to him, his whiskers further endeared him to me.
I grew to love him as time passed. He wasn’t very popular with my other friends. But they do say that love is blind. He was my biggest comfort. My love.
Our relationship ended as suddenly as it started. I still remember that day. I woke up in the early hours of the morning to find him chewing my hair. Yes, he was CHEWING my hair. I admit I had put oil in my hair the night before so it must have been tasty. But what the *#&@!!
That day I called the carpenter and boarded up his hole. I had learnt my lesson and how! The next time I get into a live-in relationship I will think it over a hundred times. Especially if it is with a mouse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home