Wednesday, June 30, 2004

It’s just not fair! You give the REAL reason for being late to work and people think that you are fibbing. An elephant truly did block my path yesterday. Scout’s Honour!
And trust me it was not very pleasant to suddenly come across a dirty grey wall on my face. (I was looking down at the ground to avoid stepping into puddles.) And then imagine looking up into a huge face with ears flapping in way that could well serve as a Maharaja’s fan. My shoo-shoos were barely heard. Elephants might have a good memory power (“An elephant never forgets”- Jungle Book) but they sure don’t have keen ears. And trust me you really don’t want to mess around with something so huge. So what do you do? Simple. You wait patiently for it to move on.
And that’s why I got late. Now why is that so hard to believe?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home