Thursday, December 30, 2004

With New Year’s Eve just a couple of days away the inevitable question EVERYONE asks is “What plans?”

And so when I finally managed to catch up with dewdrop she inevitably popped the question.

Following is an edited version of our conversation….. (What??? No. I have not edited out the naughty bits. What??? NO! I have not kept any naughty bits!! What do you mean what happened to the naughty bits? There were NO naughty bits! Please!! What do you mean then why have I edited it? You want me to post the entire three-hour conversation or what? Hey!!! Three hours is not that long! Anyways I did say that we were catching up! Hey!!I was working through out. Truly! What do you mean you don’t believe me?!!…Oh hush!! Read!)

dewdrop : so what plans for the new years? unless u want to go into the whole what do u think i shud be celebrating thing!
me: he he! not made any plans. i really don't want to party this year. what abt you?
dewdrop : hmmm..nothing planned yet…have some friends in town and we might just get together
me: hmmm. tame new yr celebration?
dewdrop : yup pretty much. partied too much this summer...no mood for wild parties now
me: last yr was a such a mess for me
dewdrop : hmm y?
me: spent a bomb and it was disaster. so this time am gonna take it easy
dewdrop : really?
me: yeah. travelled all the way to pune
dewdrop : wow
me: got passes for one of those biggie expensive dos
dewdrop : cool
me: (when i say passes i mean tickets... where i spend a bomb)
dewdrop : ohh
me: anyways...
me: managed to leave work only arnd 6:30 pm on the 31st. reached pune only around 10:30 (and that coz the driver was driving like a maniac). we dressed up and reached the party at around 11:15ish
me: we headed straight for the bar
dewdrop : :) so far so good
dewdrop : if u reached the bar
me: so we get our first round of drinks
me: then the hungry ones want to eat food before it gets over (the place was f***ing crowded)
me: so we go towards the buffet tables
me: and whaddya know...
me: most of the food's already over
me: we eat whatever we can. drunk ppl around spill food and drinks all over.
me: can't blame them. too bluddy crowded
me: by then its 12 am (after some confusion. nobody’s watch showed the same time)
me: so happy new yr happens!
me: we hug
me: we wish each other
me: we step on each others toes (as we attempt to dance)
me: at 12:30 we decide to head back to the bar
me: we're thinking ‘the party has begun'!!!
me: and whaddya know... booze at bar finished
me: so no more drinking
dewdrop : awwwwwwww
dewdrop : man that sux!
me: so in the spirit of new yr we say... what the heck
me: we shall dance and get high
me: and we dance
me: for exactly 5 mins
me: and everything goes dark and music goes off
me: and whaddya know...
dewdrop : eh?
me: there's been a raid or something
me: can't have no music after 1 am
me: so what do we do?
dewdrop : oh man
me: we hang around for an hour... waiting for some thing to happen
me: and whaddya know...
me: nothing happens!!!!
me: so we head back home
dewdrop : ufff
me: the whole place is bluddy jammed
me: some 20000 ppl trying to leave (plus minus some thousand)
dewdrop : lol
me: i am driving my friend's car (coz the heel on her boots(which btw are hurting like HELL) make it difficult for her to drive
me: so i am driving an unfamiliar car in that jam not having driven at all in the past one yr .
dewdrop : k
me: luckily we reach home in one piece (actually two pieces coz we were in 2 cars)
me: get home
me: and we play DUMB CHARADES!!!
me: yipeee
dewdrop : cool
dewdrop : i love charades
me: i think that is what this whole bluddy year has been
me: dumb
me: and full of charades
dewdrop : : )
me: don't get me wrong. i love dumb charades too!!! but to pay a couple of 1000 bux to go play dumb charades in pune... that i don't like!!


(SILENCE REIGNS…. I remember someone telling me once that there is no greater bore than the person who actually answers to questions like “How are you?” or “What’s up?”.)

me: please don't hate me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home