Friday, July 22, 2005

It’s an unlucky coincidence that most of my friends in Bombay have moved out around the same time. So, as a result, I’m completely dependent on my parents for entertainment.

Everyday, after work, I rush back home so I can play scrabble with my parents. Yeah I know, it is not the exciting social life that a young single professional strives for. But at the same time, don’t scoff at it. It is not a game that anyone can play. And the three of us are a competitive lot. We don’t just play to win, we play to defeat. That’s right. We’re mean and dirty when we play. Especially when there’s a ‘triple word score’ at stake. There’s even some sledging that happens. My mother and I gang up against my father and irritate him when he’s trying to think. Papa gets hassled so easily that it is fun teasing him about how slow he is. Hee ha ha! It is good fun.

Sigh! I need to make some new friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home