Monday, May 12, 2003

It’s not too bad being hurt in an accident, as long as it’s not too severe. To start off with, you have to deal with the pain. Depending on how badly hurt you are (for example, I managed to scrape my arms and knees), there are different degrees of pain. The first day is usually bad. Then the pain becomes a bearable pain (comfortable numb) which you actually start enjoying. (I am convinced that I am a masochist.)Then the pain goes away. And you start missing it.
Then, you get loads of sympathy and attention, something that you never tire of. Talk about bottomless pits!! My heart is one. It can accommodate all the love and attention of the world. (To give and to get!)
But I think the best part of it all is the bruises. How much entertainment I have derived from examining my scraped forearm! Right now, the dead skin, which looks as if it’s been fried, is peeling off and you can see the pink cells below. It actually looks quite tasty. Like bacon! Please don’t think I am obsessed. My bruise makes up for a lonely existence.

My daily routine:

Wake up.
Examine the bruise.
Brush my teeth.
Examine the bruise.
Wash my face.
Examine the bruise.
Make breakfast.
Examine the bruise.
Have a bath.
Examine the bruise. This time thoroughly. Enjoy the sensation of pain as water trickles over it.
Wear clothes.
Examine the bruise.
Leave for work. Reach the office.
Examine the bruise.
Work.. Examine the bruise….Work…. Examine the bruise… you get the drift!!!
Come back home.
Examine the bruise.
Cook dinner.
Examine the bruise.
Read a book. Examine the bruise while reading.
Fall asleep.
Dream of the bruise.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home