Wednesday, June 18, 2003

Ever wondered what it is to experience life in slow motion? It was when my friend and I were coming back home (from the disaster that The Matrix Reloaded was) that we met with the accident. We had turned to take a u-turn and my friend hadn’t yet seen the car approaching from the left.
I saw the car coming at us at full speed. The next ten seconds were the longest ten seconds of my life. I could have jumped down from our bike, as we were not moving, but it was as if I were stuck, hypnotized. As the car came closer, I saw the expression on the driver’s face. His face contorting as he applied the breaks as hard as he could. I knew we would be hit, but it was as if I were in a trance, almost daring the car to hit me. The world had stopped moving then. I heard no sound, not even my own voice that had screamed out my friend’s name. Time had ceased to be. No consciousness. No thought. No emotion. I never once thought that I might die. My life didn’t pass through my mind, as they say it does. I was completely blank. As if observing the scene from a distance, as a cold unfeeling third person.
It’s an experience that I’d rather not repeat, knowing that it’s a memory that will haunt me for a long time to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home