Tuesday, July 29, 2003

I am not a religious person. I do not have a small religious corner in my house. I do not go to temples unless they have some historical significance. I fully support my parents’ decision that my brother should not have a thread ceremony. I proudly tell me my friends that my father does not wear his threads and that I despite being a Brahman eat beef. Neither am I one of those people who believe that God exists inside us or in the spaces in between.
But I am not an atheist. I do not ever say that I do not believe in God. And I pray. I pray when I am happy and I pray when I am sad. For me, God perhaps exists as my faith. God is the proof of my weakness, of wanting a steady support. God is my strength, a reason to believe that thing’s will always turn out right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home