Friday, July 18, 2003

A strange sight greeted me yesterday as I climbed the hill on which my house stands. Tired after a long day’s work I thought I was hallucinating. I rubbed my eyes unbelievingly. But it was still there.
Two animals standing on a huge trash can. A dog and a cat, with less than a foot separating the two. A lovely golden brown dog and a white spotted cat. Unmoving. Fearless. In a trance. No sound, not even my whistling, broke their reverie. They looked right into each other. What were they doing in the dark? Silhouettes on a cloudy moonless night. Two shadows from two different worlds, born on the same street. Discovering each other? Crossing over the wall of enmity that sequesters them? Defying the laws of nature? Daring to fall in love?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home