Thursday, August 07, 2003

Who says it takes years to make friends? Who would have thought that she would be my one comforting factor in a new city? She helped me put up curtains, buy racks and she taught me to cope with living alone. She was also the one who got me blogging.
I knew even before I met her that she was going abroad to study. Anthropology of all things! But it was so easy to grasp the easy friendship that developed. Who alone in a new city wouldn’t?
At first, she lived a ten-minute walk away. So we met every day. Then she went off to her home, some obscure place in the interiors of India, but thankfully just a couple of hours away. So she came down once in a while. Then she stopped coming to town because the date of her departure crept close. But we still spoke ten times a day. And now, silence. Yeah I know, Texas is not that far away. Just the other side of the globe. Yeah I know, she’ll be back. But……
Frantic calls made for quick recipes; Long conversations late into the night; TDS, sexy numbers, sweat; The accident, Dettol, scraped arms and knees; The crazy Cyclops woman (the one-eyed woman did rule the blind!); Passing messages from him to her; High on beer (for Christ’s sake!); Glass shards all over the floor…….
How I hate being senti and mushy!!! Damn you woman!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home