Thursday, July 31, 2003

Hullo. Hullo.
Anybody there?
Somebody?
Anybody?
Please say something.
Anything.
I speak into the silence, unsure whether there’s anyone listening at the other end. Unsure whether I will get a response.
The mobile network’s been off for over an hour now and it is a scary feeling. Life seems to have become a creepy sci-fi movie. All the mails that I have sent today have bounced back. It’s frightening to realise that I am completely cut-off from the outside world. No contact. It’s amazing how I take every thing for granted. The computer, the mobile, the fridge, the mixer, the lift in my building, the vehicles I travel in. The machines have taken over. I can’t do without the machines, without being connected to the World Wide Web. A deadly virus has already taken over. Its spreading even as I type. They are the ones in control now. We are but pawns. Judgement day is here.
Over and out.
Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home