Monday, August 04, 2003

I remember reading in The Hitchhiker’s Guide To The Galaxy that it is not us, humans, who experiment on rats but the rats who experiment on humans. Earth was not a planet but an experiment designed by a supercomputer called Deep Thought. The Earth was actually a computer so vast that organic life became part of its matrix. What if it were true we ask ourselves and then we laugh it off.
But what if it were actually true? What if no God exists? What is God to us is actually a set of beings somewhere in space who have built this planet using a supercomputer. What if there exists no space at all? What we think of as universe is all built inside a huge glass sphere. What if everything that I do is being observed by someone? Someone, who is responsible for my well being. Someone, who records all my thoughts. Someone, who has my life already planned and chalked out. There is nothing called destiny. It is an experiment being conducted by Someone. Someone who puts me in all kinds of situations, trying to understand why I react the way I do.
I will fool Someone yet. Confuse ‘it’. Laugh when I am supposed to cry. Cry when I am happy. Be surprised at the obvious and indifferent to the unexpected. Be scared in bright sunlight and fearless in the dark.
Damn! Was I programmed to write this piece as well? Is everything that I do pre-ordained?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home