Saturday, April 10, 2004

Most decisions in life are tough to make. But when the decision-making is clouded with love, duty, fear and guilt, it becomes all the more tougher.
My friend’s father had his second heart attack in 1994. The doctors had informed the family that he would live for around another ten years. After that, it would all be borrowed time.
The first few years passed knowing that there were more to come. And before they knew it the calendar struck ten. 2004.
My friend was crying when she asked me today whether she should return home. Her father’s been experiencing chest pain for the past two weeks. “Should I go? Should I stay? What if I never see him again? I have been away from home so long. I have not been around him. How will Mamma cope up? My older sisters are married. I should get married. At least that will be one worry off their chest. Marry someone in Dehradoon and settle down there. I have to look after the family business. Isn’t it why I got into advertising? I don’t know what to do..…What if he dies without me by his side?”
I think it is worst when you know that someone you love is going to die in a while. To know that it could happen anytime. Perhaps it is better when death comes suddenly. The shock of sudden death is the only thing that helps preserve one’s sanity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home