Monday, May 17, 2004

The weekend has been fairly amusing.

It started on Friday evening with my putting my foot in my mouth. Again!! And thanks to Sangeetha, the whole wide world knows about it.

Saturday night we went clubbing. I don’t remember much of the evening, except that there was a lot of dancing, a lot of shots and that I was the only one not drunk (Very high, yes. But not drunk.). The bill came to a total of twenty grand. I am still in shock (I keep staring ahead and saying ‘twenty-thousand’ intermittently). And I am totally broke for the next few months. (All you sympathetic souls out there, donations will be graciously accepted.)

Then on Sunday evening, I felt this urge to have ice cream. In Bandra, the Naturals ice cream parlour is the third shop on a road that was one-way against us. My friend turned into the road and parked her car at the corner. Let me clarify that she didn’t really enter the lane, she just parked at the corner. We had just parked and were locking our doors when suddenly there was this huge woman’s face on our wind-shield screaming like a banshee ‘Get back. Get back.’ Stunned into a stupor we were slow to react. She screamed again, ‘‘Get back. Get back. I will take away your licensee. Get back.’ For those who have seen the movie Ghost and remember the ghost in the train screaming at Patrick Swayze ‘Get out of my train. This is my train’, this was a replay of that scene.
I have never seen my friend back her car that fast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home