Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Happy New Year to all! I hope it is indeed happy for everyone. I, for one, intend to be very very happy this year.

And to be happy I have realised that I need to take control of my life. And the first thing that I must do to take control of my life is SAVE MONEY. And the way I’m going to save money is to start telling the cab drivers my destination the moment I get into the cabs. Don’t scoff! The amount of money I waste because of my weird OCD of not being able to tell the cabbies where I need to go is not funny! I have to give the directions. It’s like a compulsion. I don’t know why but I just have to. It would have been okay if I weren’t so absent-minded. I end up passing by most of the turns that I am supposed to take. (I would never miss a turn if I were driving. But when I am sitting comfortably in a cab my mind tends to wander.) Now, even if I were not as absent-minded, my amazing lack of coordination of the brain and mouth fails me at the opportune moments. Even when I am alert and waiting for the signal so I can tell the cabbie to turn left (I am thinking in my head- TURN LEFT NOW, TURN LEFT NOW, TURN LEFT NOW) I end up saying “Ab right”. THAT is really not my fault. Faulty genes passed onto me cannot be my fault. Anyways, my fault or not, whether it is my wandering mind or my amazingly accurate ability to point to the wrong direction, I always end up paying double of what I ought to. So, after meticulous calculations I have reached the conclusion that I will save almost 16.375% of my take-home salary (AND THAT is no amount to scoff at!) by letting the cabbie take me to my destination without any directions (read interference) from me.

So, basically, by letting the cab drivers of Bombay take control I will be able to take control of my life.

(Scratching my head deep in thought.)

Duh???!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home