Wednesday, March 02, 2005

He said ‘I am going to get for you the moon’
But he left me abandoned in the blinding dark.
He said ‘I’ll journey to faraway lands for you’
But he left me alone and moved two blocks down the park.

He said ‘I’m going to love you forever’
But he didn’t even love me in that moment we shared.
He said ‘You’re the one I love. No one else’
But he went straight to her with no moment spared.

He said ‘I shall wipe away all your tears’
But he left me wet-cheeked when he made me cry.
He said ‘Only death shall do us part’

But then he aimed an arrow straight at my heart and said ‘Die’.

He said ‘We shall marry and we shall live happily ever after’
But he didn’t tell me ‘happily ever after’ is true only in fairy tale reams.
He said ‘We shall live in a house full of children and shelves of books’

But now he lives with me in my pillow. In my dreams.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home