Friday, December 23, 2005

I am not your girl
I am not even your friend
So let’s not argue
And let us not pretend

When you’re low and down
You allow me to hold your hand
But when your world’s rosy
Do you know how far away you stand

I am not complaining
Don’t get me wrong
I am just saying that
This can’t go on too long

Too many tears have been shed
Too many long sighs
I have come back too many times
After well-intended goodbyes

I am losing my self respect
But it is not your fault at all
I need to right my own life
And stand proudly tall

I won’t say goodbye this time
I’ll leave quietly without a sound
Perhaps you might not even notice
That I am no longer around

One day you might just think of me
Oh, you’ll say, I once hung out with her
And then I’ll fade into your memory
And become an obscured blur

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home