Monday, September 08, 2003

Speaking of books, the current one on my ‘the-book-I-should-write’ agenda is one of those 100 reasons thingies. Yes, I know. Your reaction is predictable. “Oh no! Not another one.” Well, this one will be special. It will be called… hmm… let’s see…
100 Reasons Why
Now, didn’t that catch your attention! The moment you read it, you asked yourself, ‘why what?’
The indicative content of my book, which I assure you will be a best-seller, is as follows:
Reasons why you are late for work
Reasons why you want to leave work early
Reasons why you want to leave work on time (Don’t the bosses always frown at you when you want to leave at 6 p.m.?)
Reasons why you want a half-day off
Reasons why you want a leave/holiday
Reasons why you want an hour off
Reasons why you are working late (Yes, you better believe this one. Now, I have to sign my name and the project I am working on if I work beyond 6 p.m. I, of course, cannot leave at 6 p.m. Now that would be sacrilege!)
These reasons are basically excuses that you can give at your work place. Believable excuses, which is a toughie. This book will help you work as little as possible without drawing any attention to yourself.
At the end of the book there will be special bonus section where you can chose the reasons you like most and the ones that suit you the best. You would be able to mark it on a chart and you could draw up a scheduler, so you would not accidentally repeat any excuse in at least three months. This book promises to make you super-efficient at never having to be efficient.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home