Monday, May 24, 2004

I am walking alone in the dark, on a cobbled road. Scared, because I know that someone is following me. Someone hungry for my blood, watching my every move. Waiting for me to make a mistake. Waiting for me to stumble and fall. I keep turning around but I see nothing in the dark Sometimes I catch glimpses of shapes in the shadows, silhouettes in the dark. Are they more than one? My progress is slow, hindered further by my constant turning around. I walk faster, unwilling to show that I am scared. Can they sense my fear? I can almost feel their breath on my skin. I stop looking back now, breaking into a run. I keep running. Running into the dark and into the unknown. I run and I run. I am getting tired. I know that I will collapse soon, out of breath and out of energy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home