Monday, May 31, 2004

I remember attending a Richard Dawkins talk, which I had expected to be either on his theories or his books but had actually turned into an anti-astrology/ anti-ghosts/ anti-anything-that-science-cannot-explain speech. I can still feel his vehemence spurting out in his words. He spoke about a guy he knew who worked in a London daily. Another non-believer like Dawkins and in charge of the astrology section, this guy had cut out various passages from different magazines. He had then proceeded to do an ‘In Pin Safety Pin, In Pin Out’. That was how he chose the forecasts for the week. The following week he was flooded with letters that said how great an astrologist he was and how everything he had written in the column had come true.
I still can’t stop myself from checking out my forecast of the week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home