Monday, August 09, 2004

It all started with me wishing that it would rain in the weekend. I had gazed longingly at the incessant rain during the week and had said wistfully, ‘I wish it would rain in the weekend.’ I could see myself cuddling under a blanket with a good book, all comfortable and happy. My wish was fulfilled. It rained and it rained on Sunday. Which meant I was stuck at home all day. The weather put me to sleep like a soporific drug. At least I got to cuddle under a blanket. I faced the consequences today.
Monday mornings are in any case notoriously ‘bad and blue’ but today takes the cake. To start off with I woke up late which was because I could not sleep till the wee hours of the morning which was because I had slept all of Sunday. The alarm rang and rang till I angrily threw a cushion on it. I suddenly woke up with a start. Today was Monday the 9th. Oh my God!! AUGUST 9th, MONDAY was the important important meeting with the most important people of all- the people who owned the company that is my Client. I rushed and rushed only to realise that the ironing lady had not returned my clothes because of the rain last evening. (All my decent-wearable-in-civilised-company clothes were lying with her.) Drat the rain!
I turned my cupboard upside down and finally found a slightly old and faded white salwar kameez. ‘This will have to do’, I told myself. To make up for the bought-it-from-a-thirds-sale I wore a lovely and new blue dupatta with it.
To cut a long story short, my already faded white kurta got splashed all over by a guy who was driving like a maniac. (If I ever meet him again, I promise to give you all the day-to-day story of my life in an Indian prison.#@$@#$!!!!) My lovely and new blue dupatta’s lovely and new colour ran all over my mud-splattered kurta.
To cut the already cut-short story shorter, I am so sleepy I could doze off standing. I look like I have been picked up by one of those huge cranes and dipped in and out of a nice muddy pond. And I have a very important meeting with a very important person, who I am sure will look me up and down and wonder whether its Be-nice-to-the-not-so-blessed day.
There is a wicked wicked God up there who is laughing at me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home