Tuesday, January 03, 2006

There is a heroine hidden in all of us. Take for instance, my colleague x. We were at a pub the other day and some inebriated fool broke a glass. X promptly took off her shoes and started dancing on the broken shards. Basanti!

(Those who don’t know Basanti and her famous dancing-on-glass, go kill yourselves.)

Talking of heroines, another quick story.

The last time I went to Calcutta I paid a customary visit to my grandmother (I call her Nani). Our conversation went something like this:

Me: So how’re you doing?
Nani (smiling beautifully): I am doing very well, thank you.
Me: You’re looking good!
Nani (smile gets wider): Yes. I am into yoga now. And I have never looked better. Touch my tummy.
Rolling my eyes, I pat her tummy and comment on how toned it is.
Me (speaking because I am expected to say something): Wow.
Nani (smiling even more wider): Yeah.
Me (clearing my throat): So apart from your yoga, what else do you do nowadays?
Nani (the smile pasted on): I pray.
Me (preparing to hear how much she loves me and prays for my well being): So what do you pray for?
Nani (her smile achieving perfection. She could be a serious Miss Colgate contender): I pray for world peace.


Like I said, we all have heroines, beauty queens and lesbians hidden inside us.

(Did I forget to tell you all the lesbian story? Oh well, since I have already concluded this post we’ll keep it for another day.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home