Saturday, February 04, 2006

My father (Papa), his brother (T. Kaku) and I were having a chat today. I was telling them that a lot of my colleagues have started buying houses. This is how the conversation went:

Me: Real Estate is good investment. And most of my colleagues are DINK households. So they can afford to buy houses at such an early stage in their career.
T. Kaku: DINK?
Me: Double Income No Kids
Papa (talking to me): So then sweetheart you should marry two men, then you’ll become a TINK household.
T. Kaku: And you can buy two houses. Or perhaps you should marry three guys…
Papa: Yeah. Then you’ll become a FINK household. But if you’re a FINK I don’t think I want to be interacting with you too much.
Me (God only knows why I was bothering to participate in this inane conversation): No Papa that would be a QUINK household. The word for four is ‘quadruple’.
T. Kaku: So then Draupadi’s was a HINK household from ‘hexa’
Me (Rolling eyes): Yes
Papa: You better not marry seven guys or you’ll become a pig.
Me: Huh?
Papa: Octa…OINK OINK

Somebody please rescue me from this family!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home