Saturday, May 17, 2003

I have definite symptoms of OCD. Here’s what I mean.

Situation: I am off to bed and have an important meeting the following day. I have to wake up at say 6 a.m. the following morning.
• I set the alarm and go to bed with a book.
• Five minutes later, I get up and check whether I have set the right time. Back to my book.
• Five minutes later, I get up to check whether I have set the alarm at all. After being reassured I go back to bed.
• The above process is repeated a few times at regular intervals of 5 minutes. Finally, I realize that it’s really late and I should get some sleep. I switch of my lights and snuggle under my bed-sheet.
• Five minutes later I am fumbling in the dark for the bed-side lamp switch. Check the alarm again. Perhaps I had switched it off while checking earlier.
• Five minutes later, recheck.
• Five minutes later, get up and put a second alarm on my mobile. Now I can sleep!
• Five minutes later, wake up. The alarm is ringing. It’s 6 a.m.!!!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home