Friday, December 19, 2008

‘I can’t be friends with people who have body odour’ stated S the other day. I laughed at the on-the-face absurdity of the statement. And yet, when I thought about it later I realized that I actually don’t have friends who smell bad. And if you leave friends aside, I certainly have never had a boyfriend who didn’t smell good. In fact, I remember rejecting a very good-looking athletic-bodied man simply because all the athletics made him rather unpleasant smelling. I have found not so good looking (as per general societal standards) people attractive, but never a person with BO. ‘Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder’ may be a cliché, but there is beauty in a smile, a broken tooth, the twinkle in one’s eyes, etc, etc. But what beauty can one find in something that repulses your every breath. And let’s face it. When the lights are off, everyone looks good but you still smell the same!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home