Friday, October 29, 2004

I have a comment from an anonymous visitor on a post I made sometime back.

Let me give you a little background. Some weeks back, I received a mail (two mails actually) from a person I do not know. I posted it. (You can scroll down and read it if you haven’t already.)

My anonymous visitor commented “This is not mean, this is being derisive. U find this fun, eh? May the farce be with you one day, too.”

First of all, it would be nice if the anonymous visitor left back a name/url/email id. Please, Sir/ Ma’am you seem to be a nice person concerned about others. I would love to have you as a well-wisher/ friend.

Secondly, I always thought that ‘derisive’ is a subset of ‘meanness’ which would imply that if I am being derisive I am definitely being mean. And I had accepted that I was mean in my post. Please do check. I wouldn’t want there to be any misunderstandings between us. What when you and I can be great friends!

Thirdly, I would have deleted the mail automatically from my inbox without a second thought, like I have done in the past. (I don’t know what it is about me, but my charm seems to permeate even into the World Wide Web. I get spammed by emails including ‘Let’s be friends’ proposals all the time). This time, however, the guy sent me two mails. The first one was obviously meant for someone else. The second one was a follow-up with me on the first one. Now, I am only human. My ego was bruised. He just sent me (and God knows to how many other people) a mail he wrote for another woman. Bah! The relationship hasn’t even started and there already is another woman in the picture. How could he! And then he added me on to his messenger list. That was the final straw. He was tempting me, again and again. What was I to do? Fall into the trap. Be the second woman in his life. I couldn’t. I couldn’t go through the mental turmoil. So I reacted in the way that people scorned in love do. I was mean to him. Can you not understand that? Oh please don’t be angry with me. Will you be my friend?

Lastly, thank you. Thank you so so much. Your words shall resound in my mind forever. “….May the farce be with you one day, too...”

Let the ‘force’ be with you as well. (You should run a spell-check on your comments though.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home